GLOBAL – Some of you may have noticed a beautiful feature that we brought to maps.nokia.com recently. Now, if you type the name of a city, and click on more details, it will take you to City Pages, which will then give you a complete snapshot of that city. Whether you live there, or plan to visit it, this is a useful overview of all your city has to offer.
Not convinced? Here are my top five reasons as to why I am a fan of city pages
- It is Global: Covering 53 cities spread across five continents, the world is literally at your fingertips. The cities showcased are in every nomad’s list, and is pretty much some of the great cities of the world. And what more, these cities house some of the biggest fans and users of maps.nokia.com.
- It is beautiful: We can all do with some pretty, especially these days when it gets dark, rainy, and grey in the morning. City pages bring some of the best images of these cities, shot by people like you and me and uploaded to Flickr.
- It gives me a heads up on how to dress:Autumn can be a tricky time – one day it is sunny, the next day it is all rainy. The weather forecast helps me to decide what to wear and if I need to carry an umbrella when I am going out. And as it has the forecast for the next three days, it helps me to pack when I am going on a short trip to one of these places.
- It tells me everything I need to know about the city: From Lonely Planet, the best travel guides in the world, I get to know a little bit about the history of the city, about the different neighborhoods and what they have to offer, an update about the weather, what fun things the city is famous for, and what are some of the “must-do” stuff that you have to try out once you land there. They even give you a heads-up on the kind of accommodation – from hostels to hotels and everything in between – that you can find there.
- It shows off some the great places worth exploring in the city: Most of these cities are full of choices, so finding that one great place to take a special someone to celebrate their birthday, or just to celebrate them, can be a hassle. But the explore tab showcases some of the finest restaurants, hotels, bars, and pubs so we can pretty much close our eyes, pick a place, and get all the credit for being so inventive :)
So, have you to check out the City Pages yet? Let me know what you think of them. I have been told by a little birdie that these pages will keep evolving, so give us your ideas of what you would like to see on your city’s page. However, the city pages are not the only great things about maps.nokia.com. To tell us more, here is William Gill :